Sentient Blue Technologies S.r.l. is an aerospace company based in Parma, Italy and is currently expanding into the United States. We are developing cutting edge hybrid power systems for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and will be developing our own UAVs as well. You can learn more about us at www.sentientblue.com.
We have a requirement for full-time electronics engineers with the following qualifications and skill set:
- Good first degree in electrical engineering related subject with at least 4 years of experience in the development of electronics for real time systems, preferably in the aerospace or automotive sectors.
- Self motivating personality with the ability to make decisions relating to own work and to interact with others in the team and externally.
- Experienced with digital design techniques, especially for system control, and analogue design for signal/sensor capture and for power management.
- Knowledge of general micro-controller architectures, and NXP ARM based system on a chip (SoC) specifically, is an advantage.
- Familiarity with power circuit design and brushless direct current (BLDC) electric motor control is desirable.
- Some experience in embedded software development using C or C++ with special emphasis on low level programming and driver design for real time systems would be an advantage.
- A working understanding of the design life cycle from electronics subsystem requirements capture to subsystem validation.
- A working knowledge of functional safety-oriented development standards, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) requirements and knowledge of aviation certification standards is also an advantage.
- Good spoken and written English. Fluency in other languages is a bonus.
- American, Canadian or European Union citizenship is a requirement or visas allowing you to work in the United States or the European Union.
We will offer a competitive package and the chance to work on exciting projects using the latest and best development tools as part of an international team of aerospace engineers.
You should also know that we operate at a Formula 1 type development pace with zero corporate inertia. This means that you will see the efforts of your work become a reality in very short time frames.
There will also be some opportunity to travel as part of the job instead of being chained to a desk every day.